Welcome Back SAA Families!!!
We have been preparing our school for the safe return of our students, by implementing the YCDSB Re-Entry Plan. The plan continues to be updated as new information is received. Please visit the board website at www.ycdsb.ca for plan updates and FAQs.
Please note Staggered Re-Entry Dates as noted below:
September 8 and 9: No students will attend school. During this period, staff will be preparing for learning during COVID-19.
- Thursday, September 10: Grades 1, 2 and 3 (start and continue)
- Friday, September 11: JK/SK (start and continue)
- Monday, September 14: Grades 7 & 8 (start and continue)
- Tuesday, September 15: Grades 4, 5 and 6 (start and continue)
- All elementary students will be in school by Tuesday, September 15, 2020
The current school parent survey results shows that this time 23% of our student population will be learning remotely. Sincere, thanks for taking time to complete the survey.
Early next week families will receive an email indicating class placement and first day procedures. Families who have opted for Remote Learning, will receive information from the Board in the coming days.
Your child’s safety is our priority. Staff will be teaching the students about hand hygiene, mask wearing and social distancing. Routines are being established to ensure that Entrances, Exits and Recess / Lunch time are safe.
As per public health guidelines, students in grades 4-8 must wear a mask and students from kindergarten to grade 3 are encouraged to wear a mask. Parents are expected to supply masks for their children. Please always include an extra one in their knapsacks. Please send your child to school with a paper bag or a breathable cloth bag for your child to store their mask during snack time, lunch.
At this time, visitors are not permitted into the school. All visits require prearrangement.
With respect to in-person preparation, students will be provided with their own learning supplies.
It is recommended that students bring the following items (labelled with their name) with them to school:
- Refillable water bottle (students will not be allowed to drink directly from the water fountain);
- Personal school supplies (pencils, crayons, markers etc.) that students may prefer to use in addition to the items provided by the school. We ask that you please ensure that students have all materials necessary for their day before leaving home as access to the school by parents is limited;
- Packed daily lunch (Lunches cannot be dropped off at school and students are asked to not go home for lunch.)
For students who are eligible for bus transportation, families can access bus stop pick-up and delivery times using the “Find My Bus Stop” tool at www.schoolbuscity.com. Student Transportation Services is also developing a transportation specific COVID Safety Update to help answer commonly asked questions about transportation. To access this information, please use the “COVID-19” link at the website address above. You are encouraged to check the website regularly for updates. Please take the time to review, as many of the bus routes from last year have changed.
For families who are returning and have a school-issued Chromebook or iPad, please ensure that your child(ren) brings it to school on the first day of attendance.
The SAA website http://saa.ycdsb.ca/ will be updated regularly over the course of the school year to provide pertinent information.
Emails will be sent to parents via School Messenger. If you are not receiving any emails from the school please check your junk/spam mail OR contact the office. Be sure to follow us on Twitter @StAgnesYcdsb
Do not hesitate to reach out at anytime should you have questions, concerns, suggestions email@example.com
Your patience, support and understanding is very much appreciated.